It is never too early to start looking for financial support for your future education and training. Please check-in with this page regularly to see our featured scholarships monthly, review our scholarship book, and you can also contact Brandon Neal to set-up a time to come and work on scholarships or discuss content by dropping into room 607. Below are our featured scholarships for October, but our scholarship book is also linked to this website and students can search by different areas of interest. The scholarship book is listed below our featured scholarships. (NOTE: The scholarship book is being updated from last year, there are some links that need to be fixed. Our staff is actively working on it.)
In November, Stand for Children Oregon will award four $10,000 college scholarships to outstanding students who have “Beat the Odds.” The scholarship is $2,500 per year, renewable for up to four years provided the recipient maintains a 3.0 GPA or better, completes 12 or more credits each term, and funding is available. Scholarship applicants must demonstrate that he/she:
• Is a student enrolled in a public high school in Oregon, who will graduate in spring/summer 2019.
• Has maintained at least a 3.0-grade point average showing marked effort, improvement, or success.
• Has succeeded in spite of hardships such as poverty, disability, homelessness, or personal tragedy.
• Has volunteered or participated in activities that are helpful to others.
• Has a demonstrated financial need.
• Plans to enroll in a two or four-year college program for the 2019-20 academic year.
Scholarship applicants should be comfortable sharing their stories publicly. Recipients will participate in the creation of a short, inspirational video about their accomplishments and may be the subject of local news stories. Recipients will be celebrated at the Beat the Odds award ceremony, which will be held on November 13th in Portland. Travel expenses for the student and a chaperone will be covered by Stand.