We are excited to announce Redhawks Rising, South Albany High School’s initiative to expand to a Community School model.
For parents and guardians this will mean an increase in after-school academic and educational programs and resources for your student. Parents, there is NO cost to your student to utilize these resources! There will also be parent opportunities to get more involved at the school through volunteering, leadership, and community classes. We will also be incorporating more training opportunities to help prepare your student for entering the workforce and connecting them more to local professionals.
To register your students into the program, please visit our Redhawks Rising Registration website.
If you would like to sign-up your student, or volunteer, please visit our Sign-Up Page!
Students that need to take the bus will be able to leave early.
A Community School is both a place and a set of partnerships between the school and its surrounding community. It has an integrated focus on academics, youth development, family support, health and social services, and community development. Through strategic partnerships that we are developing we will increase equitable access and opportunity for post-secondary success by empowering students to find self-fulfillment and guiding them towards tangible career related goals.
This will be accomplished through initiatives that involve the following:
- Strategic academic success support programs
- Career related experiences that offer real-world work experience and develop knowledge relevant to the pathway as well as soft skills to increase employability
- Parent partnerships and role identification in educational outcomes for their student
- Resources and supports for any health and social barriers that can impact student success
- Accessible opportunities for students and families to immerse in the community through integrated activities
If you are community member or organization that would like to support our efforts, please click here to learn about ways you can get involved.