Parents or Guardians,
All junior (11th grade) students will be administered the OAKS Science and English Language Arts/Math Smarter Balanced Statewide tests this spring. The OAKS Science will be administered in March, while the Math and English Language Arts will be given in April.
Oregon’s State Test:
- Challenge students to think critically and apply their knowledge and skills to real-world problems.
- Test questions go beyong multiple-choice and allow students to explain their answers using short responses.
- Tests are aligned to higher standards that will measure what students know and are able to do.
- Your student’s participation is important – they give educators and administrators valuable information about what educational approaches are working and where additional resources are needed.
- Offer each student the opportunity to meet graduation requirements (essential skills) in reading, writing, and math.
To view sample test questions: http://tinyurl.com/ORPracticetests
To read more about your students test results: http://tiny.url.com/ORTestResults
House Bill 2655 permits parents and adults to annual opt-out of Oregon’s statewide summative tests in English Language Arts and Math by submitting a form to South Albany High School, Attn: Julie Foster-Teeter. The opt-out form can be found on the Greater Albany Pubic School website.
Please contact Bryce Bennett, Counselor or Julie Foster-Teeter, Assistant Principal at South Albany HIgh School if you have any questions about state testing, (541) 967-4522.